Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Mew at Music Hall of Williamsburg

EDIT: Hot off the interwebs, the interview with Bo Madsen and the photos with the rest of Mew is up on 'SUP MAG, here.
Amazing. Extraordinary. Immense. Epic. This was by far the best concert I've ever, EVER been to, and I've been to many (my ear doctor agrees). During the encore, I was upstairs photographing the crowd, and I was just standing there thinking, "this is so beautiful." It was overwhelming - I felt like I should've teared up or something.
I was accidentally double-listed for photopasses because I was shooting my first assignment for the Bowery Presents blog, cleverly titled House List. I was also shooting for none other than 'Sup Mag.
I met the Danish trio around soundcheck to take some very quick portraits for 'Sup. What a gracious bunch of lads! A teaser...
Album dropped today in the States. It is sprawling and glorious. "Introducing Palace Players" is my favorite jam right now. For the complete set, go here.

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Wow! you are so lucky!!! you should start reading the sookie stackhouse books! they are amazinggg!!!!

Diana Wong said...

yeah i do want to read the books , but that would kinda spoil it for the tv series, no? although they didn't kill off lafayette despite the written version...