Saturday, September 5, 2009

Warp Records 20th Anniversary at Terminal 5

EDIT: 'SUP write-up and photos are up online now.

Last night was the 20th Anniversary shindig for Warp Records. Battles, !!!, Flying Lotus and Pivot played. Shot this for the incomparable 'Sup Magazine, review coming up.

Battles was tighter than ever. Unf, that precision!
Ian of Battles

"High hat"

!!! was one fierce one-man dance party with jazz hands and twirling. Towards the end of the 3rd song, frontman Nic Offer jumped into the photo pit and started dancing around with the photographers and the crowd. Some sweat got on me.

I think I've been subconsciously channeling JJ Abrams, because lately, I've been embracing the lens flare.

Pivot sounds like Battles redux with a dash of Animal Collective, but I did enjoy them. Will give them another listen.

No comments: