Monday, March 7, 2011

Miike Snow / Major Lazer at Terminal 5

Major Lazer
Diplo
Miike Snow
Miike Snow and Major Lazer, along with Ed Banger DJs So Me and Mehdi, closed the Downtown Records five-year anniversary festivities at Terminal 5. (There was also a showcase at Webster Hall the day before, with A-Trak as headliner). I've never seen Major Lazer before, but I heard all about them... But I really adore Miike Snow, so I was excited to see them at Terminal 5 again! Still, I wish they have new songs or a new album to promote, as the show was exactly the same as the last time (though I guess that isn't necessarily a bad thing!). The shooting situation was pretty tough. Lighting for Major Lazer was either nonexistent or an overwhelming magenta-blue. Miike Snow had their fog machine on maximum (as expected) and saturated their stage with deep blue hues. Still, I'd shoot Miike Snow again, any day.

No comments: